Kingdom Education, the philosophy at Danville Christian Academy, focuses on bringing the home, church, and school into a partnership for the purpose of training the next generation. Kingdom Education is defined as the life-long, Bible-based, Christ-centered process of leading a child into a new identity with Christ, developing a child according to his/her specific abilities given to him by Christ, so that a child is empowered to live a life characterized by love, trust, and obedience to Christ. In keeping with that philosophy DCA considers the following:
- Families who are growing in their personal Christian walk and are involved in a local Bible-believing church. Danville Christian Academy requires that at least one parent have a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Students whose academic records demonstrate proven capabilities to succeed at Danville Christian Academy. Students records are carefully evaluated during the application process. Students should be performing at or above grade level.
- Students whose recommendations show a behavioral history that matches the behavioral expectations of Danville Christian Academy. Students who have been expelled should not apply until they have completed a successful year in another school.
- The required assessment for applicants to grades 1-12 is the Math and Reading portions of the Stanford Achievement Test. You will be contacted to set a testing date upon completion of all application material.
- Applications will be accepted beginning February
- Testing occurs based upon application date and information received.
- Interviews are scheduled when all required application materials are received. Applicants for grades 5-12 must attend the interview along with their parents.
- Current DCA families re-enroll the first three weeks in February.
- If an applicant is qualified to attend Danville Christian Academy but there are no spaces available in his/her grade, the applicant’s name is placed on a wait list.
- In a desire to keep current families together, Danville Christian Academy gives priority to qualified siblings of current DCA students.
- A child must be 3 years old by October 1 in order to start Preschool. A child must be 5 years old by October 1 in order to start Kindergarten. No exceptions. All applicants must be able to care for restroom needs independently.
VISITING THE CAMPUS
- Prospective parents are invited to call the school office to schedule a tour of the Danville Christian Academy campus. Shadowing opportunities are encouraged and will be set up on an individual basis.
- SCHOOL HOURS
Preschool – 3rd grade = 8:05 a.m. -3:15 p.m.
4th – 12th grade = 8:05 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Doors open = 7:45 a.m.
A COMPLETED APPLICATION consists of the following:
- DCA Enrollment Application 2018-2019
- Copies of previous school(s) records including all educational and diagnostic testing, standardized tests from the last two years, current report cards from the last two years or a transcript for grades 8-12 (not applicable for Pre-School and Kindergarten applicants)
- Pastoral Recommendation Form 2018-2019 To be submitted by the parents/guardians to the appropriate minister and returned directly to the Admission Office. Any pastor, minister, or deacon may complete the pastoral recommendation.
- DCA Enrollment Contract 2018-2019
- Copy of the birth certificate
- Health records: Immunization records must be submitted with the application. No student is allowed to enter school without a current and complete immunization certificate.
- $150 Application fee
- Teacher-Recommendation-Form (grades 4-12)
- DCA Student Essay Questions 2018-2019 (grades 7-12)
- Photo of student
- If divorced, the most recent copy of all court documents signed by a judge and notarized regarding custody and educational decisions.
- Copy of child’s social security card
- Copy of child’s insurance card
PAYMENT OF TUITION AND FEES
Parents have the choice of one-pay, two-pay, ten-pay, or twelve-pay payment plans. All 10 and 12 month payments will be made through automatic bank draft. One pay and two pay will be made either by automatic bank draft, personal check, money order, or cash.