Skip to content
- Doors Open (students gather in the Commons room) – 7:45 a.m.
- Classrooms Open – 8:10 a.m.
- School Starts – 8:20 a.m.
- After-School Program students dismissed – 3:18 p.m. – ends at 6 p.m.
- Elementary students dismissed – 3:20 p.m.
- Middle and High school students dismissed – 3:30 p.m.
- White milk, chocolate milk, strawberry milk, orange juice, and apple juice are available for $0.50 each. Prepaid drink cards can be purchased for $10. Water is also available free of charge.
- Students are welcome to bring their lunch from home or preorder from scheduled monthly options: Monday – Lee’s Famous Recipe, Tuesday – Subway, Wednesday – Melton’s Deli, Thursday – Zaxby’s, Friday – Papa John’s. Monthly options may vary. Lunch orders will only be taken through RenWeb.
Morning Drop Off:
- When dropping off your child, please pull forward as far as possible toward the end of the sidewalk to allow more cars behind you.
- If a car is in front of you, do NOT pull around them. Please wait behind them until their child(ren) has exited the car and the car has pulled forward.
- No child is to exit his/her car before it reaches the sidewalk.
- If you need to go into the building with your child, please park in a parking space.
- Please abide by DCA’s “cell phone-free” parking lot signs.
- Cars are to form 2 lines in the front most circular lane. All car engines should be turned off as students are dismissed. Students belonging to the first 5 vehicles from each car line only will be released. When those students are in their vehicles, all engines may be started and those cars dismissed. Please do not start car engines until the “Start Engines” sign is presented. The 2 lines will proceed forward, and the process will begin again until all students have been dismissed.
- Parents may park in a parking space and personally pick up their student(s). Middle school and elementary students may only walk to the parking lot when accompanied by an adult.
- PK′s through 5th grade will dismiss at 3:20 and grades 6th through 12th will dismiss at 3:30. If you have children in both dismissals, please wait until the 3:30 dismissal time. There will be no parking in the grass on the sides of the parking lot or in front of the school. You MUST either park in a parking space and come to the building to get your child or come through the dismissal lines.
Cell Phone Policy:
- All student cell phones must be turned to the off position or silent, as well as not used or visible during class.