• Any solid or striped polo shirt, long or short sleeved, is allowed. Any logo on the front must be no larger than a credit card. These shirts may be worn un-tucked.
• Any solid or striped or plaid oxford shirts, rounded-collar blouses and DCA T-shirts are also allowed and may be worn untucked.
• A plain turtle neck, mock turtle-neck or T-shirt may be worn under an approved shirt for warmth.
• No thermal shirts may be worn.
Sweaters, Vests, and Sweatshirts
• Any sweater or sweater vest, cardigan, or crew sweater may be worn.
• V-neck or scoop neck sweaters must be worn with a crewneck or polo shirt underneath (no camis allowed).
• Sweaters may be hooded but may not be tied around the waist or neck. Sweaters may have zippers or buttons.
• Sweatshirts are also allowed in V-neck or crewneck, DCA “hoodies” are allowed to be worn in the classroom.
• Crew-neck sweatshirts may be worn alone.
• Black, white, navy or grey light weight (fleece) jackets may be worn in the building.
Pants, Skirts, Shorts and Capris
• These must be in the approved DCA plaid, navy or khaki color only.
• Cargo pants and shorts are acceptable.
• Shorts and skirts must be no shorter than 2” above the knee.
• Jeans may be worn on Friday.
• Solid leggings may be worn under skirts and dresses that are not shorter than 2” above the knee.
• All outerwear must be left in the student’s locker.
Shoes, Boots, and Socks
• All shoes must have enclosed toes and heels.
• No shoe skates, crocs, sandals, clogs, flip-flops or light-ups.
• Boots must be brown or black only, free of distracting decorations.
• Boots may be worn with tights and a skirt of appropriate length.
• Socks or tights are required and must be reasonable solid colors.
Accessories and Headgear
• No scarves, sashes or anything with sequins, jewels, etc. are acceptable as belts.
• Accessories such as hair bows should be reasonable in size so as not to be distractive. No more than 2 pairs of earrings may be worn at one time for females.
• No visible pierced jewelry is allowed for boys. Facial or tongue jewelry is not permitted for either gender.
• No visible tattoos are permitted. The must be covered with clothing, not bandages.
• Hats, bandanas, sweatbands or sunglasses are not allowed to be worn in the building during the school day.
• Boys’ hair should be modest in length, not obscure their eyes and neatly kept.
• Non-distracting, close cut facial hair is acceptable. If extra liberties are taken with this issue, the headmaster may determine what is considered acceptable.
• Hair coloring/dyes should not be distracting. Only “natural” colors will be allowed. Any extreme colors (blue, pink, green, purple, etc.) will not be allowed.
• Cultural hairstyles are permitted as long as they are not excessive or distractive.
Dress Down Day Apparel
• Occasionally there will be a dress down day given to a grade level or a group of students as a reward. This is a day when students may wear clothing other than the regular DCA dress-code. Dress Down days are to be pre-approved by Administration.
• Students are still expected to have a neat appearance, wearing appropriate clothing. Jean shorts no shorter than 2” above the knee may be worn. Shorts must not have holes or rips in them. Apparel that is not acceptable includes: pajama pants, jeans with tears or holes in them, basketball shorts, baggy T-shirts, or hats. Footwear will follow the dress code.