DCA’s high school offers a varied and challenging academic program that fully prepares students for a post-secondary education and a competitive global economy. Individual, God-given abilities and talents are nurtured through diverse programs and activities, and Biblical principles are integrated into all areas of student life so that each student may leave DCA ready to fulfill God’s purpose for his/her life.
High School Highlights
- 100% college and career ready graduates
- Governor’s Scholars Opportunity
- Dual Credit partnerships with EKU and BCTC
- 60 service hours required for graduation
- Electives offered: Forensics Science, Animal Sciences, Computer Science, Psychology, Media, Public Speaking, College Writing, Applied Math, and Spanish I & ll, Financial Peace, College Readiness
- Honors classes offered in major subject areas
- Online classes
- ACT Prep Course offered and residual ACT practice with EKU
- PSAT facilitated in-house
- ACT’s PLAN test given to 9th and 10th graders
- Personal assistance with college entrance testing and application process
- DAR award program participants
- Youth Leadership of Boyle County participants
- Weekly chapel services and Praise band leadership
- Small class sizes lead to individualized instruction.
- College scholarship funding awarded to the majority of graduates
- KEES Scholarship money is awarded to all high school students meeting requirements.
- Bible taught as a core subject
- Biblical perspectives are integrated throughout all classes.
- Clubs offered: Beta, Student Council, Praise Team, Warriors on Missions, FCA, Drama
- Sports offered: boys’ basketball, girls’ basketball, golf, cross country, girls’ softball, cheerleading, girl’s volleyball, co-ed soccer, lacrosse
- High school retreat
- High School mission trip
- Senior class foreign mission trip