• A navy, red, white, or light blue polo style shirt or turtle-neck, long or short sleeved, is allowed. These may be worn un-tucked.
• DCA logo T-shirt is allowed.
• Oxford and rounded-collar shirts in the above colors are also allowed.
• A plain turtle neck, mock turtle-neck or long-sleeved shirt may be worn under a polo shirt for warmth.
• Any sweater or sweater vest, V-neck, cardigan, or crew neck may be worn over an approved shirt in solid navy, white, red or light
blue. They may be hooded but may not be tied around the waist or neck.
• Sweatshirts are also allowed in V-neck or crew-neck.
• DCA logo hoodies may be worn in school.
• Crew-neck sweatshirts may be worn alone.
• Black, white, navy and grey light weight jackets (fleece) may be worn in the school building.
Pants, Skirts (Skorts), Shorts, Jumpers and Capris
• These may be worn in DCA plaid, navy or khaki only. Cargo pants are allowed.
• Solid leggings may be worn under skirts and dresses that are not shorter than 2” above the knee.
Shoes, Socks and Belts and Headgear
• All shoes must have enclosed toes and heels. No shoe skates, crocs, sandals, flip-flops, light-ups, etc. are permitted.
• Boots must be brown or black, free of distracting decorations.
• Belts must be any reasonable color (no sashes) and must be free of jewels, sequins, glitter, etc.
• Socks or tights are required and must be any reasonable, solid color. Lace or trim of the same color is acceptable.
• Hats, bandanas, scarves, sweatbands, or sunglasses may not be worn in the building during the school day.
• Outerwear must be left in the student’s locker.
Dress Down Day Apparel
• Occasionally there will be a dress down day given to a grade level or a group of students as a reward. This is a day when
students may wear clothing other than the regular DCA dress code. Dress Down Days must be Pre-approved by Administration.
• Students are still expected to have a neat appearance, wearing appropriate clothing. Jean shorts no shorter than 2” above the
knee are allowed on dress down and jeans day. Apparel not acceptable includes: pajama pants, jeans with tears or holes,
basketball shorts, baggy T-shirts, or hats. Footwear will follow the dress code.